Saturday 18 April 2015

Facing My Fear

As I look down the deadly drop I shiver, this is my fear. Going down a long, dark slide. I take a deep, nervous breath then when the light goes green, I enter my nightmare. At first I plummet down uncontrollably then get used to the surrounding blackness around me. Its like a night with no moon, and the cool water below me feels like a flock of playful penguins. I can hear the idiotic people at the top (who go down backwards purposely) as their words echo down. I'm suddenly rocked around as the traumatizing slide swerves. I start to think this is never-ending just as I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Seconds later I shoot through then freeze in the icy, aqua water. Half in, half out. The smell of chlorine drifts up my nose, then the time stops for a moment and seconds later I'm tumbling in the water making a small tornado of splashes around me. When I surface the light from the sun dazzles me, leaving me blind for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment